Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording a screen video with audio

I have over 700 YouTube videos but some of the source footage for my old videos has been lost. I would like to screen capture my old videos WITH AUDIO!

Why is this so difficult? Screen capture without its audio is a piece of cake, but I want the video + audio, I'm screwed.

I've tried a couple of video capture apps and they're crap.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 2:24 PM

It is not so difficult to record with audio.

1) Install the free BlackHole Audio Driver.

2) In Audio Midi Setup, create a Multi-Output Device, including BlackHole 2ch and your speakers (or headphones)

3) Set this new device as the sound output (*)

4) Using Quicktime Player, or the Screenshot application, do the recording, with BlackHole 2ch as the sound input

(*) steps 2 and 3 are necessary so that you can hear the audio at the time you are recording. You could skip them and use BH as input as well as output, but then you would not be able to monitor while the recording is done.

HOWEVER: it seems that there is a much easier solution to get your video off of YouTube. Check out 4K Video Downloader.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 2:24 PM in response to Hooked4lifeca

It is not so difficult to record with audio.

1) Install the free BlackHole Audio Driver.

2) In Audio Midi Setup, create a Multi-Output Device, including BlackHole 2ch and your speakers (or headphones)

3) Set this new device as the sound output (*)

4) Using Quicktime Player, or the Screenshot application, do the recording, with BlackHole 2ch as the sound input

(*) steps 2 and 3 are necessary so that you can hear the audio at the time you are recording. You could skip them and use BH as input as well as output, but then you would not be able to monitor while the recording is done.

HOWEVER: it seems that there is a much easier solution to get your video off of YouTube. Check out 4K Video Downloader.

Recording a screen video with audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.