Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing photos

I haven’t been able to add text to a photo. I have read instructions from several sources but I haven’t been successful yet. Can you help me?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 7:09 PM

Ksteveo wrote:

7. I select Text and a box appears on the photo with the word TEXT in it. I know I'm getting close,...

Resize and move the box if you wish. Then tap inside the box.

Then choose “Edit”.

5 replies

Jun 26, 2022 5:41 PM in response to sberman

This was not helpful. I have an iPhone 11 v15.5

I was attempting to retrieve a photo from my iPhone photo application, improve the photo, then write/type on it to identify what it was and where it came from--not the technical information--like which unit this came from, what it's maintenance history is/was; model number, warranty, etc, etc.

1. I retrieve the photo
  2. Go to edit
  3. select Markup (which looks like a pen in a circle)
  4. A pop up alerts me to the fact that "the Live Photo will be turned off and edits will apply to the still photo only"
  5. Cancel/OK. I select OK
  6. A window (as indicated above) appears and I select "+" which opens a box also as you've indicated;
  7. I select Text and a box appears on the photo with the word TEXT in it. I know I'm getting close,...
  8. BUT there is no keyboard or method for me to type the information I want to appear ON the PHOTO. I tried this earlier with a copy/paste information panel but to my dismay, there was no "paste" button in the options banner. (???).

So what do I do about this? Am I short an app to finish what I started OR is it just not possible to do this on my iPhone? I am 70 so I'm sure there's an answer but my resilience is wearing thin.

Editing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.