Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit text on photo after saved

I added text to a photo using markup and hit done. Now I need to edit the text and can’t see how.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 12:54 PM

I did that and added my text and hit done. Now I want to change/edit the text I already added. I clicked on revert and started from scratch. I was wondering if there was a way to edit previously added text without having to start from scratch. Thx

10 replies

Sep 13, 2023 1:08 PM in response to mrs214

Hello mrs214,

You should be able to edit the text that you added to your photo by completing the following steps:

1. Open the photo and tap "Edit"
  2. Tap the Markup icon
  3. Tap the text that you want to edit (it should now be outlined in a blue box)
  4. Double tap the text box while it's highlighted and you should be able to now edit that text box as you wish
  5. Tap "Done" and your image should be saved with your new changes

Thank you for being a part of the community here. We hope this information helps!

Best wishes.

Sep 13, 2023 11:58 AM in response to mrs214

Hello mrs214,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

You would just need to go to markup again using these steps if you have an iPhone:

"Photos 

1. Go to Photos and select the photo you want.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap the Markup button . Tap the Add button  to add text, shapes, and more.
  3. Tap Done, then tap Done again."

Additional details can be found here: Use Markup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, are you able to remove the changes you made earlier and do it again in the way you want? Also, which device and OS version are you currently using?

Cheers!

Edit text on photo after saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.