Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud log in prompt keeps coming up on my Windows laptop - with an old email address

Every few minutes, a log in prompt keeps coming up on my laptop. The user name is a previous email address. It won't register a previous password or my current one for this old email (just to enter to get rid of the prompt)

When I log into iCloud using my current credentials - I can access account no problem. I've checked the emails stored in my account, and there is only one that I can see, my current one.

Very confusing - as when this prompt comes up, a window pops up behind it with my current and correct account info - so a different email address (the correct email address).

Hope this all makes sense? Anyone know how to fix this?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 7:29 AM

Hi Intuitive_connection,

Given the isolation steps you've already taken and confirmed you're able to access your current iCloud information, we'd advise you uninstall iCloud for Windows, restart, then reinstall it.

If the problem persists, we'd advise contacting Apple Support directly to take a closer look.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 7:29 AM in response to Intuitive_connection

Hi Intuitive_connection,

Given the isolation steps you've already taken and confirmed you're able to access your current iCloud information, we'd advise you uninstall iCloud for Windows, restart, then reinstall it.

If the problem persists, we'd advise contacting Apple Support directly to take a closer look.

Take care.

iCloud log in prompt keeps coming up on my Windows laptop - with an old email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.