Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple ID/iCloud popup

Hi

Please help.... I've changed my email address for iCloud, but the old email address continues to appear on the iCloud signon popup (using Windows 10). It is greyed out, so I am unable to update. Neither new or old password are successful to sign in..both result in error message of incorrect Apple ID or Password.

The other issue is that the iCloud signon popup appears ad nauseum - every few minutes, which is very time consuming to clear....

I have tried all of the tips I've been able to find, with no success.

Thank you - with fingers crossed for a solution. :-)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 8, 2023 8:05 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jun 20, 2023 1:57 AM in response to seekerrm2233

I had this issue too, as well as not finding the right answers. Then I finally figured out that you don't actually have to uninstall it. Just go to Settings > Apps > then scroll down in Apps & features and select iCloud and click advanced options. Scroll all the way down to reset (above uninstall). Resetting from here doesn't delete the data in icloud, just the preferences and sign in credentials on the computer. That's literally all I had to do. Don't even have to mess with reinstalling. Just reset and reopen icloud to log in lol.

Apple ID/iCloud popup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.