Unable to sign into icloud

I'm running Windows on my Intel desktop: Windows 11 Home, v22H2, OS build 22621.2134.

I recently changed my AppleID, and received confirmation from Apple that my ID had been successfully changed. It also reflects my new email address.

Now I'm receiving a message to sign in to icloud, but it pre-populates the AppleID with my OLD AppleID, and I'm unable to sign in. I've deleted cookies, shut down, and powered up my PC, but still have the same problem. Can anyone help?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 11:12 AM

Greetings Daruma1946,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here.

There is an article that we want to share with you that we believe will help. The article is older so it is displayed as archived content on the Apple Support page, however the information there should still be relevant to you in this case and we believe it will help get things working again.

Here's where to start: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

"Open iCloud for Windows and click Sign Out.

• If you're signed out, sign in with your updated Apple ID and password. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in. 
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your PC. Click Delete. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Sign in with your updated Apple ID and password."

We hope this information is helpful!

Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 11:12 AM in response to Daruma1946

Greetings Daruma1946,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here.

There is an article that we want to share with you that we believe will help. The article is older so it is displayed as archived content on the Apple Support page, however the information there should still be relevant to you in this case and we believe it will help get things working again.

Here's where to start: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

"Open iCloud for Windows and click Sign Out.

• If you're signed out, sign in with your updated Apple ID and password. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in. 
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your PC. Click Delete. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Sign in with your updated Apple ID and password."

We hope this information is helpful!

Have a great day.

Unable to sign into icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.