Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use Apple TV+ (in particular, Family Sharing) when I do not own a single piece of Apple hardware?

How do I use Apple TVO+ (in particular, Family Sharing) when I do not own a single piece of Apple hardware?

All the instructions I can find for Family Sharing talk about using Apple hardware. Even Apple Support requires a S/N from a piece of Apple Equipment.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 10:17 PM

Setting up Family Sharing requires an Apple device, i.e. the ‘organizer’ needs to have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. The organizer doesn’t have to be the same group member as the one with the shareable subscription. But at least one adult in the group needs to have the mentioned Apple device. Without that, this sharing of Apple services in a Family group isn’t supported.

Family Sharing - Apple

What you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

About Family Sharing and the Apple TV app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 10:17 PM in response to Boothby171

Setting up Family Sharing requires an Apple device, i.e. the ‘organizer’ needs to have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. The organizer doesn’t have to be the same group member as the one with the shareable subscription. But at least one adult in the group needs to have the mentioned Apple device. Without that, this sharing of Apple services in a Family group isn’t supported.

Family Sharing - Apple

What you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

About Family Sharing and the Apple TV app - Apple Support

How do I use Apple TV+ (in particular, Family Sharing) when I do not own a single piece of Apple hardware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.