You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pin message function missing completely?

Has anyone else with an iPhone 12 Pro Max or later experience the complete absence of the iMessage's pin function? Both my friend and I have iOS 15.5 and when we hold down a message from a thread, the pin option is missing. Pin functionalities are also missing from the iMessage settings, but I am able to pin threads. Any idea what might be going on?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 6:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 8:46 AM

This punned-conversations stuff?

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have less than nine conversations pinned, force a restart, and try again. If you still have less than nine conversions pinned and the option won’t appear after the forced restart, check with Apple Support. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage to contact Apple Support.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2022 8:46 AM in response to Tanabot

This punned-conversations stuff?

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have less than nine conversations pinned, force a restart, and try again. If you still have less than nine conversions pinned and the option won’t appear after the forced restart, check with Apple Support. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage to contact Apple Support.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

pin message function missing completely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.