Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to hide image beside transparent object

Hello all,

im looking to hide the logo so it does not show outside of the pink box as it moves in, been looking for an answer but I can't find anything, showing in the video is the animation as I would like but I need the logo to be only show in the box as it comes in.

https://youtu.be/wwf_F7fuo4Q

Thanks

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 6:13 PM

Hi Wilhelm 273

We can use an image mask for this. (Also the preserve opacity function as advised by Fox)

We want to create an image mask source from the pink box. You could make a clone of the box for the mask source, or you can duplicate the box and link all the functional parameters to the original to ensure it animates exactly the same. (Personally, I prefer to use a linked duplicate rather than a clone.)

Apply the image mask to the logo

Assign the mask source to the image mask. It will be set to 'add' by default which is what you want.

If you can provide a link to the project file in the youtube description, then I can prepare a working example for you.

Using an image mask is the answer to your immediate question. However, for this kind of animation, you might want to consider the 'functional integrity' of your method. If you want the pink box to be adjustable - for width/length, and for height - then you have to consider the 'starting position' of the logo. For example, if you want to increase the pink box height, then you will discover that the logo will be visible within the masked area too soon. If this becomes a problem, let us know and we can review solutions for this also.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 6:13 PM in response to wilhelm273

Hi Wilhelm 273

We can use an image mask for this. (Also the preserve opacity function as advised by Fox)

We want to create an image mask source from the pink box. You could make a clone of the box for the mask source, or you can duplicate the box and link all the functional parameters to the original to ensure it animates exactly the same. (Personally, I prefer to use a linked duplicate rather than a clone.)

Apply the image mask to the logo

Assign the mask source to the image mask. It will be set to 'add' by default which is what you want.

If you can provide a link to the project file in the youtube description, then I can prepare a working example for you.

Using an image mask is the answer to your immediate question. However, for this kind of animation, you might want to consider the 'functional integrity' of your method. If you want the pink box to be adjustable - for width/length, and for height - then you have to consider the 'starting position' of the logo. For example, if you want to increase the pink box height, then you will discover that the logo will be visible within the masked area too soon. If this becomes a problem, let us know and we can review solutions for this also.

How to hide image beside transparent object

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.