Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add printer

My Mac Pro does not let me add a printer.

Going to Printer& Scanner on System Preference, my HP DeskJet 3720 does not appear in the selection ( selection screen empty). I try to add it manually but it is not accepted. What shall I do?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 11:19 AM

That is an AirPrint capable printer. See this --> Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Make sure the printer is connected to the same Wifi network you Mac is Connected to. Also, Find the HP Smart App in the App Store, which will add more functionality to wireless printing on your Mac as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 11:19 AM in response to Escarboucle

That is an AirPrint capable printer. See this --> Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Make sure the printer is connected to the same Wifi network you Mac is Connected to. Also, Find the HP Smart App in the App Store, which will add more functionality to wireless printing on your Mac as well.

Add printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.