Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted tab in Safari - always present - always annoying

Every time I open a window or multiple windows in Safari, the leftmost tab is now always solveyourtech web page. If I open a blank page, the tab thingy is there. If I open several tabs at once, then solveyourtech web page opens along with the desired web pages.

This problem is not happening with the Chrome browser. So far it is only Safari.

This has only started happening recently, two weeks or less ago. It is most annoying when I open several tabs at once using Open In New Tabs because the page itself opens. For a single blank page, only the tab appears at the left as shown in the screen shot below.

I ran EtreCheck but could not recognize anything amiss but I do have and use Etrecheck.

I ran a free copy of Malware bytes which showed nothing and then I completely removed Malwarebytes thinking that might be causing the problem. No joy.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 1:04 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Unwanted tab in Safari - always present - always annoying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.