Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music is under old Apple ID how to transfer to new I’d

I changed my name, and changed my Apple ID to new name, how to get files from old applied?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 2:15 PM

If you created a new Apple ID, you can’t. Subscriptions and purchases are tied to the Apple ID, and cannot be transferred.

Best you can do is set up Family Sharing and share purchases and media, but that requires a shareable Apple Music subscription.

An Apple ID can be changed, including changing the associated email address, and purchases and subscriptions would continue to be available.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 2:15 PM in response to ruthann208

If you created a new Apple ID, you can’t. Subscriptions and purchases are tied to the Apple ID, and cannot be transferred.

Best you can do is set up Family Sharing and share purchases and media, but that requires a shareable Apple Music subscription.

An Apple ID can be changed, including changing the associated email address, and purchases and subscriptions would continue to be available.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Music is under old Apple ID how to transfer to new I’d

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.