Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update payment on a different device than where the payment was set up

How do I update my payment for iCloud/family share if I no longer have access to the original device. The payment option is not highlighted on my device. It was set up on my late husband’s computer and I do not have access.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 5:26 PM

Since you and your husband were using Family Sharing, you can't change the payment method if he was the organizer.

To fix the problem, you can ask Apple to give you your husband's Apple ID so you can log in to his ID and change the payment method. See the links below.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support    -  Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call.  -

Apple on Twitter-  

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 5:26 PM in response to Helpwithapplepls

Since you and your husband were using Family Sharing, you can't change the payment method if he was the organizer.

To fix the problem, you can ask Apple to give you your husband's Apple ID so you can log in to his ID and change the payment method. See the links below.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support    -  Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call.  -

Apple on Twitter-  

Update payment on a different device than where the payment was set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.