Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network configuration to access wifi on planes

I am never able to connect to wifi on planes with my MacBook (or iPhone, but that's less of a problem for me). This is always frustrating because it feels like everyone around me is able to connect their phones and laptops with no issues, so I suspect my settings or configurations are to blame.

For example, on my most recent plane journey, I attempted to connect. It is listed as 'connected', but no page loaded ('err_fail'), and while the Wifi is listed as 'Connected', the LPSS server adaptor is listed as 'not connected'. I can't say I'm terribly tech savvy but while on the ground I am almost always able to connect, so I'm wondering if there is some configuring to be done to enable wifi in the sky. Google and searching here hasn't turned up anything so I appreciate any support you all can provide!

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:58 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 30, 2022 9:31 AM in response to Kenicholas

What ku4hx said.

To reiterate: you need to see what shows in Wifi, not LPSS. If the screenshot is from that situation on the airplane, that part is ok.

Now maybe you have set some DNS or proxy.

Click Advanced, and then

under DNS: make sure that only the default is (a light grey address that your mac gets automatically).

under Proxies: make sure that none are set

Network configuration to access wifi on planes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.