Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently bought external Gigabyte M32U monitor, which was showing pink tint/hue appearance with Macbook Pro 2019 Model

> This issue usually happens when a non-proprietary(3rd party) Type-c to HDMI dongle/cable is used.

> The main cause of this has to do with Apple's synchronisation with the 4k HDMI 2.1 enabled screens, in this case specifically being Gigabyte M32U, but has also been reported with M28U as well.

How it will look Before with Laptop at HDMI 2.1

Solution: The easy way to fix this issue is to change the HDMI from 2.1 to 2.0 on the monitor. And then reconnect the HDMI cable to Macbook pro laptop, and this time you should observe that the External screen appearance looks fine.

Post Applying the solution mentioned above, the screen should look clear as mentioned below:

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:07 AM

No it has not exhibited the same behavior with 2 other laptops that I have tested.

> I have tested this with another Macbook pro 2015 15 inch model, and it works without any issues on this with the native HDMI port in 'Macbook pro 2015 '.

Other than that have also tested this with another 'Nokia Purebook X14' running Windows 10 and here as well, there was no issue.

I have another monitor which is of Benq having 60hz refresh and only HDMI 2.0 port, and it works absolutely fine with 'Macbook Pro 2019 Model'.

This has to do with some signal conversion between 'Macbook Pro 2019 Model', when third party adapter is being used with HDMI 2.1 port of the Monitor/TV.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 5:07 AM in response to ku4hx

No it has not exhibited the same behavior with 2 other laptops that I have tested.

> I have tested this with another Macbook pro 2015 15 inch model, and it works without any issues on this with the native HDMI port in 'Macbook pro 2015 '.

Other than that have also tested this with another 'Nokia Purebook X14' running Windows 10 and here as well, there was no issue.

I have another monitor which is of Benq having 60hz refresh and only HDMI 2.0 port, and it works absolutely fine with 'Macbook Pro 2019 Model'.

This has to do with some signal conversion between 'Macbook Pro 2019 Model', when third party adapter is being used with HDMI 2.1 port of the Monitor/TV.

Recently bought external Gigabyte M32U monitor, which was showing pink tint/hue appearance with Macbook Pro 2019 Model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.