Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bounced Message Notification

Received "Bounced "E" Mail notification. Emptied trash and most of my "E" mails. I am still

receiving Bounced "E" mail notices. What is the solution to eliminating this problem?

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 7:49 AM

The reason is in the below message you received back.

A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender ( you ) ( bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded.

As I understand this, the Mail Server you are using has a Capacity Limit.

That would mean, there is no more Space on the e-Mail Server for your account.

Therefore, the message can not be sent.

Suggest logging into the Mail Server with your Browser and doing a Clean Up of old e-mails and be sure to Empty the Trash Bin on the Mail Server

By the way, you have marked your earlier reply above this one one a Solved.

That is OK, but understand, once that is marked as Solved, future Contributors willer may not even look at this question

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 7:49 AM in response to Sputum

The reason is in the below message you received back.

A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender ( you ) ( bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded.

As I understand this, the Mail Server you are using has a Capacity Limit.

That would mean, there is no more Space on the e-Mail Server for your account.

Therefore, the message can not be sent.

Suggest logging into the Mail Server with your Browser and doing a Clean Up of old e-mails and be sure to Empty the Trash Bin on the Mail Server

By the way, you have marked your earlier reply above this one one a Solved.

That is OK, but understand, once that is marked as Solved, future Contributors willer may not even look at this question

Jul 1, 2022 7:37 AM in response to PRP_53

Checked "E" mail addresses for veracity and deleted old messages and trash. I am still receiving the following messages:

"Admin-ATTENTION: Bounced Message Notification. A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender (bounced)

because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded.

Bounced Message Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.