Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer a book on my iPhone to my iPad?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 1:56 AM

If your book was downloaded to Apple Books, you will likely need to download the book from the original source to your iPad.

Books downloaded from Apple, paid or otherwise, are permanently associated with your AppleID account; paid books are available for download onto any of your Apple devices, signed-in with the same AppleID, without additional cost.

Any PDF Files that have been downloaded to the Apple Books App can be saved to files if needed - and then simply transferred to other computers. To do so, access your Apple Books Library and select PDFs. Each PDF icon will have an associated ellipsis icon (“…”); tap to expose an Action Menu - and select either Save to Files or other appropriate Share option.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 1:56 AM in response to rnespinoza

If your book was downloaded to Apple Books, you will likely need to download the book from the original source to your iPad.

Books downloaded from Apple, paid or otherwise, are permanently associated with your AppleID account; paid books are available for download onto any of your Apple devices, signed-in with the same AppleID, without additional cost.

Any PDF Files that have been downloaded to the Apple Books App can be saved to files if needed - and then simply transferred to other computers. To do so, access your Apple Books Library and select PDFs. Each PDF icon will have an associated ellipsis icon (“…”); tap to expose an Action Menu - and select either Save to Files or other appropriate Share option.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.