Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

How can I transfer my books from my old iPad to my new Mini iPad.

My old iPad is almost at the end of its working life and I'm trying to transfer few things like some of my books on iBook's app to my new Mini iPad. I swapped most of them but there are 2 books that I can't transfer, no matter what I do. I've tried syncing, downloading, emailing but nothing works. These 2 books I purchased, and I do not want to lose them when the old iPad finally dies, which I think is going to be very soon.

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2023 5:34 PM

iBooks became known as [Apple] Books in 2018. I will assume this is what you mean, and when you say you purchased the two books in question, those books were purchased in Apple's Book Store under your Apple ID.

If that's true, then on your iPad Mini, you can open the Books App, click your personal identifier in the upper right, then choose "Books" followed by "Not on This iPad". If the book is still in the Book Store, you will be offered the opportunity to download it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2023 5:34 PM in response to Tusanito

iBooks became known as [Apple] Books in 2018. I will assume this is what you mean, and when you say you purchased the two books in question, those books were purchased in Apple's Book Store under your Apple ID.

If that's true, then on your iPad Mini, you can open the Books App, click your personal identifier in the upper right, then choose "Books" followed by "Not on This iPad". If the book is still in the Book Store, you will be offered the opportunity to download it.

How can I transfer my books from my old iPad to my new Mini iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.