Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook.com email not working on iPhone

For the last 24 hours or so, none of my family members can access their Outlook.com email on our iPhones via the native iOS mail app. It is working on our Macs, through web browser and if I use the Outlook app on iPhone. Only spot its not working is through the native mail app in iOS. I've tried the typical troubleshooting steps like removing the account on my iPhone but now I cannot get it re-added as I get an error message that it cannot verify my account. I know it's not password or account related as I was able to add the account via the Outlook app.

Anybody else having this issue?

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 11:11 AM

ddeacon wrote:

Yeah thanks, I've done that as well but also getting no response there and the Outlook.com status page doesn't show any known outages that look like they are directly related to this though there is one about group emailing.

Just curious to know if this is widespread.

maybe due to 2 factor authentication or app specific password https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot-outlook-mobile-issues-a264ef01-9c88-48fb-9285-7017e4f31f02

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 11:11 AM in response to ddeacon

ddeacon wrote:

Yeah thanks, I've done that as well but also getting no response there and the Outlook.com status page doesn't show any known outages that look like they are directly related to this though there is one about group emailing.

Just curious to know if this is widespread.

maybe due to 2 factor authentication or app specific password https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot-outlook-mobile-issues-a264ef01-9c88-48fb-9285-7017e4f31f02

Jun 30, 2022 10:04 AM in response to ddeacon

ddeacon wrote:

For the last 24 hours or so, none of my family members can access their Outlook.com email on our iPhones via the native iOS mail app. It is working on our Macs, through web browser and if I use the Outlook app on iPhone. Only spot its not working is through the native mail app in iOS. I've tried the typical troubleshooting steps like removing the account on my iPhone but now I cannot get it re-added as I get an error message that it cannot verify my account. I know it's not password or account related as I was able to add the account via the Outlook app.

Anybody else having this issue?

Contact Microsoft support or look at their support site.

Jun 30, 2022 11:09 AM in response to ddeacon

Under Settings --> Mail --> Accounts, you could try removing and then re-adding the account. It may be possible that they have changed some settings on the backend to disable legacy features that your phone was using. Make sure when you add the account back that you choose the "Outlook.com" option; I just re-added one of my @live.com (Outlook.com alias) back to my iPhone without any trouble.

Outlook.com email not working on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.