Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone was reset; watch backup not available

i had not actively backed up my phone last night and one of the usual software update runs caused a system failure. my automatic cloud backup settings are all green. today morning since the iphone is not responding to anything, the store asked me to reset iphone to factory settings. Now the Watch is not coupled with the re-setted iphone. How do I back up the watch data? I was told that there is no way you can recover data from the apple watch if it is not paired with a phone. In this case, since the iphone is factory re-set, it is not coupled with my watch. Thanks for helping me in rescuing the apple watch data somehow

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 6:32 AM

The watch's data is kept on the phone so when you do a backup all watch and phone data is backed up together.

Have you got a phone backup anywhere?,maybe an older one?.

If so then restore your phone with this backup then pair the watch to the phone and when asked restore from backup or setup as new choose the restore from backup option.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 6:32 AM in response to charge_switzerland

The watch's data is kept on the phone so when you do a backup all watch and phone data is backed up together.

Have you got a phone backup anywhere?,maybe an older one?.

If so then restore your phone with this backup then pair the watch to the phone and when asked restore from backup or setup as new choose the restore from backup option.

iphone was reset; watch backup not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.