Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID - verification error.

Hi,

I have Aipad Air.
It was unused for several months. When I charged it and started it today, I noticed that the settings required to update the Apple ID settings.
When a window pops up asking for a password after typing it in, I get the message "Verification Error". There was a verification error connecting to the Apple ID server.

The password is correct (I logged into ICloud without any problems).
The device is visible in ICloud as trusted.

Unfortunately, I am not able to log into the iPad anyway.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 3:23 PM

It is possible that an update will resolve this issue. Do you have access to a home computer? If so, place your iPad in recovery mode and then follow the steps below. Here is a link on how to place the device in recovery mode: If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support

Use Finder or iTunes on a Mac or iTunes on a PC to Update the device. Once the device is placed in recovery mode and is recognized by the computer, you will get a pop up notification asking to Restore or Update. Press Update. A restore will erase all data on the device, so that would be one of the last steps I would take. Give the device about 20-30 minutes to download and install the latest iOS version available, and hopefully that will resolve your issue. Let us know if not. Best of luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 3:23 PM in response to Kitamo

It is possible that an update will resolve this issue. Do you have access to a home computer? If so, place your iPad in recovery mode and then follow the steps below. Here is a link on how to place the device in recovery mode: If you can't update or restore your iPad - Apple Support

Use Finder or iTunes on a Mac or iTunes on a PC to Update the device. Once the device is placed in recovery mode and is recognized by the computer, you will get a pop up notification asking to Restore or Update. Press Update. A restore will erase all data on the device, so that would be one of the last steps I would take. Give the device about 20-30 minutes to download and install the latest iOS version available, and hopefully that will resolve your issue. Let us know if not. Best of luck!

Apple ID - verification error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.