Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App folder/groupings disappearing

Today all the customized app groupings I had created disappeared. The individual apps in those groupings ended up either in the groupings, which are not able to be modified, included in the Library or shown simply as individual apps. But most ended up in these Apple designated groupings in the Library. I want my groupings back. How did this happen and can I get my groupings back?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 11:40 AM

Hi Puritan278,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your App Library has changed from its original settings.

Has anything on your iPhone been changed since you've noticed this behavior?

If you haven't already, go ahead and restart your iPhone and see if you can organize your apps again. This article will show you how to use your App Library and organize it: Use the App Library and Home Screen to organize your iPad apps - Apple Support

Do you have any profiles or VPN software installed on your iPhone? If so, you may also consider disabling them if you're still unable to edit your App Library.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 11:40 AM in response to Puritan278

Hi Puritan278,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your App Library has changed from its original settings.

Has anything on your iPhone been changed since you've noticed this behavior?

If you haven't already, go ahead and restart your iPhone and see if you can organize your apps again. This article will show you how to use your App Library and organize it: Use the App Library and Home Screen to organize your iPad apps - Apple Support

Do you have any profiles or VPN software installed on your iPhone? If so, you may also consider disabling them if you're still unable to edit your App Library.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jul 2, 2022 10:06 AM in response to Miche11e_P

Your link to the Apple Library app management was very helpful. I solved my problem because the page with my grouped apps on my home page had apparently become hidden somehow. So the instructions in the link:

1. Touch and hold an empty area on your Home Screen.
  2. Tap the dots near the bottom of your screen.
  3. Tap the circle under the page that you want to hide.
  4. Tap Done.

To unhide a page, repeat the steps above. Then you can use the App Library to quickly find apps hidden on different pages. 

These did the trick I found that the key page had been hidden and I reversed this. Thanks so much.

App folder/groupings disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.