Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get the serial number for a stolen device police report

how do i get the serial number from a stolen device to make a police report? when i look up my devices it only gives me the last 5 numbers of the serial number.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 10:53 PM

when i look up my devices it only gives me the last 5 numbers of the serial number.

Where are you looking to find this?

Using a computer, if you use a web browser sign into your Apple ID account on the web and choose Devices in the list of options on the left of the screen you will be presented with a list of all your devices signed into the account.

Click on the one you want - the stolen device - and you will see details about the device. At the top of the panel you will see the name the device, the type of device (eg. iPhone) and the serial number.

If you have an iOS device signed into your account go to its Settings > [Your Name]. On the next screen will be a list of the devices. Touch on the device you seek and you will see the same detail as described above.

On a Mac go to System Preferences > Apple ID and you will see the same list.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 10:53 PM in response to t2shark

when i look up my devices it only gives me the last 5 numbers of the serial number.

Where are you looking to find this?

Using a computer, if you use a web browser sign into your Apple ID account on the web and choose Devices in the list of options on the left of the screen you will be presented with a list of all your devices signed into the account.

Click on the one you want - the stolen device - and you will see details about the device. At the top of the panel you will see the name the device, the type of device (eg. iPhone) and the serial number.

If you have an iOS device signed into your account go to its Settings > [Your Name]. On the next screen will be a list of the devices. Touch on the device you seek and you will see the same detail as described above.

On a Mac go to System Preferences > Apple ID and you will see the same list.

how do i get the serial number for a stolen device police report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.