Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive full with no documents!

Hello

I get the message that my iCloud drive is almost full.

Of course I deleted pictures and video... But when I want to manage the account, it tells me that I have 1,91Go of documents. Yet I deleted everything in my iCloud drive folder (I even deleted the trash and all the files that could be restored.

There's no way I can find more file to delete (mail and messages weight less that 100 Mo in my storage!)

Any help to get rid of those 1,91Go of "documents"?

Many thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 11:44 AM

Hi Shavhill,

Thanks for explaining what you are seeing, and the photo. It sounds like you have done a great job at deleting data to clear up your iCloud storage. When you see Documents, that is more than just what's in the file folder on iCloud Drive, it includes data from apps as well. Take a look below to see some of what's covered and determine if there is anything more you can clear up.

Taking a look in the article Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support, it describes what's included in the section Documents that are using iCloud storage.

• Documents (or Docs): Files and information stored in iCloud Drive, as well as data from other apps that aren’t listed above—for example, Notes, Reminders, Health, and third-party apps. To learn about apps that can store information in iCloud, see Apps and features that use iCloud.

This should help you with where to look to continue clearing up storage.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 11:44 AM in response to Shavhill

Hi Shavhill,

Thanks for explaining what you are seeing, and the photo. It sounds like you have done a great job at deleting data to clear up your iCloud storage. When you see Documents, that is more than just what's in the file folder on iCloud Drive, it includes data from apps as well. Take a look below to see some of what's covered and determine if there is anything more you can clear up.

Taking a look in the article Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support, it describes what's included in the section Documents that are using iCloud storage.

• Documents (or Docs): Files and information stored in iCloud Drive, as well as data from other apps that aren’t listed above—for example, Notes, Reminders, Health, and third-party apps. To learn about apps that can store information in iCloud, see Apps and features that use iCloud.

This should help you with where to look to continue clearing up storage.

Have a great day!

Jul 3, 2022 1:17 AM in response to Dorain1

Hi Dorain1!

Thank you so much!

I feel silly, it could have occurred to me that files in “Books” for instance were using space in iCloud 🫢

Yet I never realized that :

1st, it is way more easy to handle the iCloud Storage on an iPad that it is on a Mac or on line (maybe with the futur “System Preferences” panel on Mac Os Ventura it might get more obvious)

2nd, the “Documents” in iClouds storage manager stands for more than the “documents” in iCloud Drive!

Thanks a lot!

Here are some pictures if someone else gets as confused as me! 🤭

iCloud Drive full with no documents!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.