Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to reset icloud password

I'm trying to help a friend reset her Apple ID Password since she forgotten it.

Everything went well using the Apple Support Application UNTIL the app asks her iPhone Passcode, we entered the correct passcode EVERYTIME but it always says the "forgotten your passcode" page when we clearly didn't? Just to note that this is a brand new iPhone that she had for only a month, and the passcode we entered is the exact same passcode she used to set this phone up brand new from the box.

What's going on? We can't access her email for this iCloud because she uses an iCloud.com account not from Gmail or any of the sorts.

I am at a lost, someone please help. We've tried literally every possible way but it always shows up the same page.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 6:19 AM

we’d have to input her password (which she forgots, which is the whole problem, lmao)

See this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

We also decided to remove her Apple ID from her iPhone to create a new one, but we ALSO have to input her password.

Don't make, create new Apple ID.

You (in this case a friend) have already problem with 'one' Apple ID.

See also -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 6:19 AM in response to dambadwismara

we’d have to input her password (which she forgots, which is the whole problem, lmao)

See this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

We also decided to remove her Apple ID from her iPhone to create a new one, but we ALSO have to input her password.

Don't make, create new Apple ID.

You (in this case a friend) have already problem with 'one' Apple ID.

See also -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Jul 1, 2022 5:42 AM in response to dambadwismara

See the following Apple articles:

Set up an account recovery contact

Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact

Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact - Apple Support (IN)

• you can help her.

How to generate a recovery key

How to generate a recovery key 

FYI: make a screenshot or write down your recovery key and keep it in a safe place.

Jul 1, 2022 6:11 AM in response to Raicya

Hi! Hi! Thanks for the reply, so here’s the problem though, if we want to access the Password & Security, we’d have to input her password (which she forgots, which is the whole problem, lmao)

We also decided to remove her Apple ID from her iPhone to create a new one, but we ALSO have to input her password. Which is a bit redundant imo.

So, I have no idea what to do here lmao

Jul 2, 2022 4:33 AM in response to Raicya

I don’t think you’re following here or you’re just using some sort of templated replies. I have followed every direction from the links that you sent far before I asked this question. But all of them asks us to input the passcode that she uses to unlock that iPhone, but EVERY SINGLE TIME we input the CORRECT passcode, the page that comes up isn’t the page that asks you to put in a new password, instead its the page that says “forgotten your passcode” which we clearly do not forgot? Somehow iforgot deems her correct password as incorrect. This is why I’m so confused.

Unable to reset icloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.