Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to sign in on Apple TV but don't have other devices except Mac for verification code

I have only my Mac Pro device

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 6:41 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2022 7:09 AM in response to shazie_shazie

Trusted devices

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, or Mac with OS X El Capitan or later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It’s a device we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser. An Apple Watch with watchOS 6 or later can receive verification codes when you sign in with your Apple ID, but cannot act as a trusted device for password resets. 

Trusted phone numbers

A trusted phone number is a number that can be used to receive verification codes by text message or automated phone call. You must verify at least one trusted phone number to enroll in two-factor authentication.

You should also consider verifying an additional phone number you can access, such as a home phone, or a number used by a family member or close friend. You can use this number if you temporarily can't access your primary number or your own devices.

I am trying to sign in on Apple TV but don't have other devices except Mac for verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.