Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

When attempting to access Apple TV, I am struggling to find where I enter the verification code. I have entered it after my normal password with no success

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 9:02 PM

Hello,

This sounds like it is related to Two-Factor Authentication. You will need to generate a secure code from another device and type it after your password. Example: password123456

Two-Factor Authentication

12 replies

May 9, 2020 10:03 PM in response to Sinomine

Please follow these instructions, they work. If they do not then you will need to restart the Apple TV by disconnecting the power cord from the ATV and then re-booting:

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567

Mar 31, 2020 10:11 PM in response to Syd-352-525

Here is what you do.

The Apple TV will ask you to log in using your Apple ID.

Enter your Apple ID & the Password. For example: Apple ID johnyappleseed@icloud.com Password: Password

You will receive an authentication code on your iPhone, iPad etc... Example of authentication code: 123456

The Apple TV will ask again for your Apple ID johnyappleseed@icloud.com Password: Password123456

May 9, 2020 9:16 PM in response to Sinomine

Do you see where you put your password in?

The screen will ask for your Apple ID email address and password. Type in your password in the password box then immediately type in the 6 digit code.

If your password was “Password” and the 6 digit code was 123456 then you will type in Password123456. Of course, replace “Password” with your actual password and the 6 digit code with the 6 digit code in the notification on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Macintosh.

May 9, 2020 10:27 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I did that. It didn’t work. I am too upset to try it all again tonight. I will try again with my husband tomorrow. Technology can turn an otherwise sane human being into a gibbering wreck. I believe this mess is all because I bought a new ipad that brings with it two step authentication. I did not need this. It is more trouble than it is worth, and you cannot get rid of it. Thank you for trying to help.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.