Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone unavailable without a time

Broke my iphone XS max 5 months ago and didn’t get it repaired until today, trying to restore it and every time i start the iphone it says ‘iphone unavailable’ without a time or an ‘emergency’ tab. Won’t connect to iTunes via macbook either. not sure what i can do.

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 2:06 PM

No it wasn’t. Does this mean the phone is useless?

20 replies

Jul 1, 2022 2:22 PM in response to jxnesalex

Was there at any point that the iOS was changed or manipulated by you or a program by any chance? Was there an attempt at jailbreaking or was there a malware that snuck by and installed itself though any means (suspicious website, bad program, malicious cable connector, etc although this is a slim chance) ? I believe that could be what you mean be 'broken' in this context.

I know that is an extreme scenario but it could simply be the iPhone locking itself after 10+ incorrect passcode attempts and the device wipe is activated. At this point, both situations in my reply should call for a appointment at Apple or approved repair shop for a complete technical reset or other options they may consider for you.

Jul 1, 2022 2:39 PM in response to sinomoon

I don’t think so. I simply broke it months ago, and the screen was essentially tapping itself behind the broken glass which caused a ‘connect to itunes’ message. I got the screen replaced today and when i got it back it had the same message. I connected it to itunes and it did an update, then entered a ‘recovering data’ loop. i left it for an hour, came back and it was the screen that’s shown in the photo above

Jul 1, 2022 5:02 PM in response to jxnesalex

Try the post I made earlier, VERY CAREFULLY, STEP BY STEP, and report what happens after each step. And are you using a Windows PC or a Mac? If it’s Windows make sure you have the latest version of iTunes from https://itunes.com, restart it, then temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus. That should work unless the phone is damaged.

iphone unavailable without a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.