Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I conect the magic jack to my lop top?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 7:31 AM

I personally use a MagicJack Go, which is not even attached to my iMac at all. it is plugged into the surge protected power bar with the supplied USB power adapter. then the ethernet port is hard wired to my router via ethernet, and the landline phone is also connected to the phone port on the MagicJack. if you have a first generation MagicJack that does not have the ethernet port, you may want to upgrade to the MagicJack Go, as the first generation MagicJack was ,IMHO, extremely problematic anyways.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 7:31 AM in response to FLAKA1966

I personally use a MagicJack Go, which is not even attached to my iMac at all. it is plugged into the surge protected power bar with the supplied USB power adapter. then the ethernet port is hard wired to my router via ethernet, and the landline phone is also connected to the phone port on the MagicJack. if you have a first generation MagicJack that does not have the ethernet port, you may want to upgrade to the MagicJack Go, as the first generation MagicJack was ,IMHO, extremely problematic anyways.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.