Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling/Buzzing Audio.

My MacBook Pro has Crackling/Buzzing audio, I am trying to find fixes for it. Can anyone give me solutions that have fixed this issue for you?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 8:07 AM

Hi,

If your MacBook Pro has intel processor, resetting NVRAM could solve audio related issues if you haven't try it yet.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 3, 2022 9:18 AM in response to thatguy905

You have not provided enough details such as the exact model of the Mac and version of macOS being used. You can get this information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

Also, does this happen while using the laptop with just the battery or only when using the charger?

Are any other devices connected to the laptop when this happens? If so, then maybe one of them is causing the problem.

Are you sure the crackling/buzzing is actually coming from the speakers and is not a fan or drive making noise? Try muting the audio and try connecting headphones to see if the noise stops or whether you also hear the crackling/buzzing in the headphones as well.

Crackling/Buzzing Audio.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.