Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound problem with Apple TV 4k and two devices: PC (Windows 11) and Smart Tv

I have my Apple TV connected to my Vizio Smart TV (ethernet connection) and sending the sound through Bose Acoustimass sound system via optical line . That works well. However I am also switching devices (with Vizio remote) and sending my PC signal to Vizio Smart TV via HDMI so I can view both my PC and Apple TV on my Vizio at different times. Apple TV 4K only allows one HDMI cable or I would have connected both my PC and Vizio TV to it. My PC does not have recognize Apple TV or Bose in sound settings although the video works. Any ideas on how to get sound to my Bose from the Apple TV for both the Smart TV and the PC? The Bose has both optical and analog links. Can the Apple TV toggle an optical and analog link and play the sound for the device being used at the time (since I will not be using simultaneously) ?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 2:06 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 3, 2022 3:14 PM in response to michaelaustintexas

Hello michaelaustintexas,

It sounds as though you have your Bose Acoustimass connected to your Vizio Smart TV via the optical cable, but not getting audio when sharing your display from your Windows PC to your Vizio Smart TV via an HDMI connection. If your Bose Acoustimass is connected to your TV via the optical cable, the audio should play as expected as the Apple TV is a separate device and wouldn't influence the audio behavior from your PC to your Smart TV.

For the best support you would want to reach out to Bose for support with the connection and audio issue. You can find their support options via the link below.

Bose Product Support

Take care!

Sound problem with Apple TV 4k and two devices: PC (Windows 11) and Smart Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.