Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send arrow greyed out

How can I reinstate contacts where the send button is greyed out? Was fine, not now what’s happened? Have been sending okay to these friends now suddenly the send arrow is greyed out.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 9:46 PM

Sunpot38 Said:

"Send arrow greyed out: How can I reinstate contacts where the send button is greyed out? Was fine, not now what’s happened? Have been sending okay to these friends now suddenly the send arrow is greyed out."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Is this what you mean?: The up-arrow in the middle-far-right edge of the screen?

Screenshot:

If so, type something in the textbox. It should then work.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 9:46 PM in response to Sunpot38

Sunpot38 Said:

"Send arrow greyed out: How can I reinstate contacts where the send button is greyed out? Was fine, not now what’s happened? Have been sending okay to these friends now suddenly the send arrow is greyed out."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Is this what you mean?: The up-arrow in the middle-far-right edge of the screen?

Screenshot:

If so, type something in the textbox. It should then work.

Jul 2, 2022 9:26 PM in response to Sunpot38

Sunpot38 Said:

-------

Troubleshooting Contacts:

A. Restart your iPhone: 

See if restarting your iPhone fixes this. Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

B. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). Go here for gmail: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

C. See here: If you can't Send or Receive Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 2, 2022 9:20 PM in response to Sunpot38

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as IP address, Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

Jul 2, 2022 10:39 PM in response to Sunpot38

Sunpot38 Said:

"Send arrow greyed out: All is okay on my phone now but I rarely send messages on my phone I use my iPad it’s easier to type. Now all my android user contacts can’t be used. Is there somewhere in settings I can change things to stop this."

-------

Troubleshooting Messaging:

Ask you Carrier for assistance with this messaging issue going on between you an Android users. They provided you with the service of Messaging.

Send arrow greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.