Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select which phone line to send a message off of iPad and Mac when iPhone has dual sims?

Hello, I have an iPhone 12 mini running iOS 15.5, an iPad mini 6 running iPadOS 15.5 and a MacBook Pro 2016 4 thunderbolt ports running macOS Monterey 12.4.

I have two SIM cards in my iPhone. One is physical and the other is an e-sim. When I text off of my iPhone, I can easily see which number I am using and change it quickly. However, when I am texting off of my iPad or MacBook, I have no idea which number I am texting from and have to reference my iPhone to see what number the conversation is using.

Is there a way to see which number I am using while on my other devices? Thank you!

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 8:28 AM

JakenBaken wrote:

Hello, I have an iPhone 12 mini running iOS 15.5, an iPad mini 6 running iPadOS 15.5 and a MacBook Pro 2016 4 thunderbolt ports running macOS Monterey 12.4.

I have two SIM cards in my iPhone. One is physical and the other is an e-sim. When I text off of my iPhone, I can easily see which number I am using and change it quickly. However, when I am texting off of my iPad or MacBook, I have no idea which number I am texting from and have to reference my iPhone to see what number the conversation is using.

Is there a way to see which number I am using while on my other devices? Thank you!

I would look at your Messages.app Preferences(?) and see if there is anything there...

Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 8:28 AM in response to JakenBaken

JakenBaken wrote:

I would look at your Messages.app Preferences(?) and see if there is anything there...

Messages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

How to select which phone line to send a message off of iPad and Mac when iPhone has dual sims?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.