Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling Mac OS after erasing disc

I was attempting to erase my max disc and so I erased Macintosh HD. However, when I go to reinstall Mac OS I am not given an option for a disc. When I go to try and partition the main disc that isn’t an option either. I am pretty lost on where to go from here but I would like a functioning computer.

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 6:57 AM

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support (CA)

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 6:57 AM in response to Ayrodrig10

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support (CA)

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

Reinstalling Mac OS after erasing disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.