You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clock display on iPhone homescreen

The iOS clock display on the Home screen is extremely tiny. How do I set the DEFAULT time display on the Home screen to be bigger, without having to tap it? I want to be able to pick up my phone with one hand and see the time, from at least an arm's length away, without having to tap the time display.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 7:45 AM

what happens when you 'tap the time display'? My phone doesn't do anything...

If you want a larger clock on your Home Screen, then you'll need to use a widget. Or you could ask Siri what time it is

Add widgets on iPhone - Apple Support

the native Clock app only has analog time widgets though.

If you want digital time, I believe you'll need to find an app that has this. I use Widgetsmith for that, overall works pretty well.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2022 7:45 AM in response to AuntBoldIre

what happens when you 'tap the time display'? My phone doesn't do anything...

If you want a larger clock on your Home Screen, then you'll need to use a widget. Or you could ask Siri what time it is

Add widgets on iPhone - Apple Support

the native Clock app only has analog time widgets though.

If you want digital time, I believe you'll need to find an app that has this. I use Widgetsmith for that, overall works pretty well.

clock display on iPhone homescreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.