Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verification code almost never arrives

I have been having trouble with Apple's verification codes here in Norway for a long time; they almost never arrives, and the "call me" feature also never works.

I am using an iphone 12 pro on a 5G network from Telenor with max coverage. I can receive calls&sms'es from other people/services, so I think there is something wrong with Apple's service.

After trying approx 6 times, I sometimes get lucky and receive a code. but more often Apple says I tried too many times and temporarily blocks login. Very annoying.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 7:26 AM

Hello,

I'd recommend to check with your carrier to see if they have any idea of what the issue may be. Also, check with other people that have Telenor and 5G if they experience any issue with receiving the code. If there are several people that face the same issue with the same wireless carrier there might be something on their end.

From what I know Telenor had some issues in Sweden before when text messages like this was stopped by the system since it was detected as spam. This has been solved and today it seems to work just fine.

If Telenor doesn't find anything, contact Apple Support and let them take a look at it. You'll find the contact information on this page: Kontakt – Slik kontakter du oss – Apple (NO)

Hope this is solved soon for you!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 7:26 AM in response to jelmer3000

Hello,

I'd recommend to check with your carrier to see if they have any idea of what the issue may be. Also, check with other people that have Telenor and 5G if they experience any issue with receiving the code. If there are several people that face the same issue with the same wireless carrier there might be something on their end.

From what I know Telenor had some issues in Sweden before when text messages like this was stopped by the system since it was detected as spam. This has been solved and today it seems to work just fine.

If Telenor doesn't find anything, contact Apple Support and let them take a look at it. You'll find the contact information on this page: Kontakt – Slik kontakter du oss – Apple (NO)

Hope this is solved soon for you!

verification code almost never arrives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.