Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Using Apple Music Instead of Spotify

I can tell Siri to play music on Spotify and it works perfectly, but whenever I say "Add song to queue" she says "you need to update your apple music subscription for me to do that". I have tried adding "on Spotify" to the end of the statement but that doesn't work. I have "Show Apple Music" turned off in music settings and I have every single Siri option turned on in the Spotify settings.

How do I fix this so I can add songs on queue? It's very frustrating on my two hour long drives every day.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 10:07 AM

Well that makes sense. I guess it was just that the feature seems so obviously useful and I often have Siri switching to apple music for no reason so I assumed it would be a Siri related issue.

Thank you for your help!

2 replies

Jul 3, 2022 9:50 AM in response to MunLanding

I don't use or follow Spotify. It does look like this feature was recommended almost two months ago and wasn't implemented.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/iOS-Other-Add-songs-to-the-queue-using-Siri/idi-p/4945545

In other words Spotify doesn't support this feature with Siri which is why Siri is attempting to add it to the Apple Music queue instead.

Siri Using Apple Music Instead of Spotify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.