Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing apple id

Hi

I need to change my apple ID.

I don’t access to my previous email and I forgot the answer of the questions for security.

and also I gave my other divice to someone that and I don’t want other people access to my information.

what should I do?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 12:39 PM

You can change your Apple ID email address on your current Apple ID so you retain access to your data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      *

Security and your Apple ID.   *

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts  *

Apple ID Password Change.  -

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication   *

ASC YouTube for what is two-Factor Authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability.   *

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key.  *

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.   *

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    *

For the security questions, if you are being told there isn't enough information to reset them, contact Apple ID Support.

If you don't know the answers, if the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions.      *

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn't always load)  

Get Support   - Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call. -

Apple on Twitter

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 12:39 PM in response to farahnaz225

You can change your Apple ID email address on your current Apple ID so you retain access to your data and prior purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      *

Security and your Apple ID.   *

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts  *

Apple ID Password Change.  -

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication   *

ASC YouTube for what is two-Factor Authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability.   *

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key.  *

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.   *

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    *

For the security questions, if you are being told there isn't enough information to reset them, contact Apple ID Support.

If you don't know the answers, if the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions.      *

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn't always load)  

Get Support   - Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call. -

Apple on Twitter

Changing apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.