Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages

I have the pages application. Every time i print it in horizontal but it prints the a vertical configuration. I changed the Page Orientation but it still prints vertically. I also noticed that my Printer & paper size section only shows US letter & others but on another mac there are various different choices of paper size to choose from. I want to print my documents in A4 horizontally but it doesn't turn up right.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:51 PM

You might try a 'general purpose' trouble shooting step first

Quit all open applications.

Shut down your Mac.

Restart into Safe Mode*

Press and hold the Shift key, and relaunch Pages**

Reopen the document you wanted to print, and press command-P to open the Print dialogue.

Are there any changes visible in the Print dialogue?

Cancel printing, then restart the computer using normal restart, re launch Pages, open the document, and check the Print dialogue again.

If neither trip to the Print dialogue showed a change in the available settings:

Launch your browser.

Go to the website of the manufacturer of your printer.

Locate and download the most recent version of the driver software for your printer model, then install that software on your Mac

* There are small differences in the procedure for starting your Mac into Safe Mode. These depend on whether your Mac is running on an Intel processor or on an Apple Silicon processor (M1 or M2). Instructions for both are in the linked article:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

** Pressing the shift key when launching Pages runs some cleanup routines, and prevents Pages from automatically opening documents that were open when you last quit the application, putting you in a 'Fresh Start' position.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 4:51 PM in response to Theevian

You might try a 'general purpose' trouble shooting step first

Quit all open applications.

Shut down your Mac.

Restart into Safe Mode*

Press and hold the Shift key, and relaunch Pages**

Reopen the document you wanted to print, and press command-P to open the Print dialogue.

Are there any changes visible in the Print dialogue?

Cancel printing, then restart the computer using normal restart, re launch Pages, open the document, and check the Print dialogue again.

If neither trip to the Print dialogue showed a change in the available settings:

Launch your browser.

Go to the website of the manufacturer of your printer.

Locate and download the most recent version of the driver software for your printer model, then install that software on your Mac

* There are small differences in the procedure for starting your Mac into Safe Mode. These depend on whether your Mac is running on an Intel processor or on an Apple Silicon processor (M1 or M2). Instructions for both are in the linked article:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

** Pressing the shift key when launching Pages runs some cleanup routines, and prevents Pages from automatically opening documents that were open when you last quit the application, putting you in a 'Fresh Start' position.

Regards,

Barry

Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.