Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where has the booklet printing option gone?

Hi there,

Updated to Big Sur when released (on a 2019 MacBook Pro). Went to print a booklet the other day and found that there's no option. When I expand the Layout option in MS Word or Preview, I can do Two Sided Printing but only have the option to do long or short sided printing:

When I try and print from Pages, same issue:

I haven't updated my printer, it's the same one I've used for about 6-7 years and have always been able to print booklets from it before. Have checked for latest printer drivers and have updated all I can. Have removed the printer and reinstalled it, no change. I can only assume this is a Big Sur related issue.

Anyone have any idea what's happened? I really found that feature helpful and I really rather not install a third party application just for this if it's some setting I'm missing in the OS.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 1:14 AM

I did this. However, I resolved this by removing the printer and then re-adding it through the print interface when selecting "Print" in an application. This time. when it added the printer, it added it with the suffix "- Airprint" (previously it was the specific "Brother CUPS" printer driver.

So it seems the answer was NOT to use the printer's own drivers but to use the Apple built-in drivers.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 1:14 AM in response to etresoft

I did this. However, I resolved this by removing the printer and then re-adding it through the print interface when selecting "Print" in an application. This time. when it added the printer, it added it with the suffix "- Airprint" (previously it was the specific "Brother CUPS" printer driver.

So it seems the answer was NOT to use the printer's own drivers but to use the Apple built-in drivers.

Where has the booklet printing option gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.