Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What has happened to booklet printing in Pages 12.2

I use MacBook Air with OS 13.0 (22A380) and Pages 12.2

I am used to printing booklets from Pages but the update has hidden a vital step.

File>Print>PDF>Create Booklet ... all still there.

Again: File>Print but there is no option to print 2-sided with Booklet layout as there used to be.

The online documentation does not describe what I see in the Print dialog.

Please help

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 6:36 AM

I am using Pages v12.2 on macOS Ventura 13 and from Pages, File > Print > PDF has no Create Booklet on that PDF menu. That tells me that you had a third-party tool installed for page imposition (e.g. Create Booklet 2) that is either not installed on Ventura, or because its compatibility states macOS 10.10 or later, it is incompatible with Ventura — though it left a PDF menu item just the same.

On the revised Ventura print panel, under Layout, and Pages per Sheet, click the numeric selector and at the bottom of its menu is Print as Booklet.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 6:36 AM in response to kenfromberry

I am using Pages v12.2 on macOS Ventura 13 and from Pages, File > Print > PDF has no Create Booklet on that PDF menu. That tells me that you had a third-party tool installed for page imposition (e.g. Create Booklet 2) that is either not installed on Ventura, or because its compatibility states macOS 10.10 or later, it is incompatible with Ventura — though it left a PDF menu item just the same.

On the revised Ventura print panel, under Layout, and Pages per Sheet, click the numeric selector and at the bottom of its menu is Print as Booklet.

What has happened to booklet printing in Pages 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.