Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag not updating

my AirTag in car still says outside house but my wife who also has a iPhone is 5 miles away in the car and it does not update location. These things are proving to be useless

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 3:27 PM

thanks for replying. After taking the AirTag into the local Apple shop this afternoon it seems that the AirTag had frozen. A technician showed me how to do a full reset of the AirTag by removing and installing the battery 5 times and it completely reset the tag and now it is working fine again. What i was getting at with the wifes iPhone was that her phone should of bounced the signal back to my Find My app just like the other 3 i have running.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 3:27 PM in response to sberman

thanks for replying. After taking the AirTag into the local Apple shop this afternoon it seems that the AirTag had frozen. A technician showed me how to do a full reset of the AirTag by removing and installing the battery 5 times and it completely reset the tag and now it is working fine again. What i was getting at with the wifes iPhone was that her phone should of bounced the signal back to my Find My app just like the other 3 i have running.

Jul 4, 2022 11:47 AM in response to technician25

technician25 wrote:

but my wife who also has a iPhone is 5 miles away in the car and it does not update location.

What might this possibly mean? A few possibilities:

• ”It” means the “AirTag in car”.
    • Your wife’s iPhone is certainly irrelevant, as presumably the AirTag is associated with your Apple ID and surely you do not share an Apple ID, as each individual requires their own.
    • So we’re left thinking you mean your AirTag’s position has not updated recently. But maybe not…
  • ”It” means your wife’s iPhone, and its position is not updating in your “Find My”. But then AirTags are irrelevant. And “these things” may mean “iPhones” … But maybe not…

AirTag not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.