Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G on iPad Pro not working

Hi, I have a question regarding 5G network not working on my iPad Pro 3rd generation. I am not even seeing it as an option in Settings > Mobile Data > Data.

Details in case of misunderstanding:

• My carrier supports 5G, I have it on my iPhone 12
  • Operating system is the last currently available - iPadOS 15.5
  • SIM card is brand new, also supports 5G
  • My iPad Pro 3rd generation 11-inch supports using 5G network
  • Have already tried: Apple's advice about switching Airplane mode on/off, Resetting network settings, Hard resetting iPad, contacted carrier (still waiting for the report) but after all they have no idea why it doesn't work

I need answers regarding this topic, since I saw last conversation about this was left unsolved

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 6:46 AM

Grah123 wrote:

I also tried put iPhone's SIM into iPad and still doesn't work.

Be aware that the majority of Phone SIMs are not correctly provisioned for most tablet computers - and most will offer no service at all with an iPad. In most cases, you will require a DataSIM that is explicitly intended for tablet computers and Cellular Routers (also known as MiFi).

If you have added a DataSIM and Cellular plan to a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, the number associated with the SIM card is only used to identify your account for billing purposes. This number is not used for making calls or sending messages.

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 6:46 AM in response to Grah123

Grah123 wrote:

I also tried put iPhone's SIM into iPad and still doesn't work.

Be aware that the majority of Phone SIMs are not correctly provisioned for most tablet computers - and most will offer no service at all with an iPad. In most cases, you will require a DataSIM that is explicitly intended for tablet computers and Cellular Routers (also known as MiFi).

If you have added a DataSIM and Cellular plan to a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, the number associated with the SIM card is only used to identify your account for billing purposes. This number is not used for making calls or sending messages.

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

Jul 4, 2022 10:53 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks for reply.

• I am still waiting for the report from Cellular provider, it is possible they haven’t turned on 5G specially for iPad on my account but it’s a bit unlikely since I’m already using 5G on my iPhone (sharing the same network package with my iPad, also the package provides multiple devices with 5G network)
  • I live in area with full 5G connectivity

5G on iPad Pro not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.