Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Cannot Connect to iCloud

My iPhone 13 cannot connect to iCloud through Settings -> Apple ID. There is no issue with my Apple ID or password. I can successfully log into the App Store and onto iCloud.com through a web browser. When I go to settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud to turn iCloud on, I get the error message that says “Could Not Sign In. Unable to validate account“ (below).

I have talked to Apple support three times, each time lasting a couple of hours and elevated to a higher levels of support. Despite their best efforts and advice, they have not been able to resolve this issue. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps with them and their last recommendation was to completely erase the iPhone and restore it. However, I have tried to erase all data in settings but the iPhone simply does not respond and returns me to the home screen when I tap on that link in the Settings -> General menu.

I have signed out of everything that uses my Apple ID, I have powered the phone off and on again, I have deleted all VPN configurations, I have turned of screen time and find my phone, and I have Take notes of all of these attempts.

This issue began when I bought the iPhone 13 and transferred all of my apps and data from my iPhone 7 Plus. I have tried to connect my old iPhone to iCloud, and that doesn’t work either. I believe the problem persists through the back up that I made half my iPhone 7 Plus and restore it onto the iPhone 13, but I’m not sure. Neither phone can connect to iCloud.

I create an Apple ID using an iCloud email and was able to connect my iPhone 13 to iCloud using that new Apple ID, so that tells me it’s not the phone itself.

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions, as well as any troubleshooting the community can provide.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 1:01 AM

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

I create an Apple ID using an iCloud email and was able to connect my iPhone 13 to iCloud using that new Apple ID,

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

You need to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Charge the battery > 70%.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 1:01 AM in response to TDad3

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

I create an Apple ID using an iCloud email and was able to connect my iPhone 13 to iCloud using that new Apple ID,

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

You need to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Charge the battery > 70%.

Jul 5, 2022 7:00 PM in response to Raicya

Yes I am signed into this discussions community with my Apple ID. I can also sign into the iCloud.com website with this Apple ID.

• “You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID & Password.”

The problem is I can’t log my phone into iCloud through Settings -> Apple ID.

Also, I understand what an Apple ID is and what it’s used for.

I’m not trying to merge Apple IDs. I created another Apple ID while talking to Apple support when the support rep recommended to do that for troubleshooting purposes. I had no problems connecting to iCloud with the other Apple ID, which indicated the problem is likely in the iOS on my phone.

I’m looking for a solution to avoid having to erase my phone and rebuild it.

iPhone Cannot Connect to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.