Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to update iMovie, I get this dialog box "iMovie cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID." I bought this computer brand new.

When I try to update iMovie, I get this dialog box "iMovie cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID." I bought this computer brand new.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 9:23 PM

Delete and redownload it, or click here and accept it into your Apple ID. Preloaded applications on a new Mac won't have one stored inside them until accepted.

(220875)

2 replies

Jul 13, 2022 2:01 PM in response to Niel

Thank you. I did the click here to accept it into my apple ID. Now the problem is that it is 2.6GB and my best internet speed is 6 Mb/s. Takes forever to download and often the mac will go to sleep before it is done, even though I have "never" selected when plugged in. Gonna go to my BIL, he has a much faster internet and it will only take a few minutes. I'm supposed to get fiber later this month.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.