Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back ups

My son took my old iphone that is used on WiFi only to my exes house. I had text messages up to 2016 visible on that phone. My ex deleted several messages threads and they’ve been deleted on all of my phones, but I need them for our upcoming custody hearing in court. Can I retrieve them?

I can only see the most previous back-ups. In the past, I thought we could select which backup we want to restore. Is it there and I’m just missing it? Is there a way to upload an older back up to just one phone without effecting the other phones I’m signed in on? If I restore and old backup, will I lose all content received or taken AFTER the date of the backup?

Thabk you in advance for helping and giving ne guide.

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 9:33 AM

Mom_in_need_of_advice123 wrote:

My son took my old iphone that is used on WiFi only to my exes house. I had text messages up to 2016 visible on that phone. My ex deleted several messages threads and they’ve been deleted on all of my phones, but I need them for our upcoming custody hearing in court. Can I retrieve them?

I can only see the most previous back-ups. In the past, I thought we could select which backup we want to restore. Is it there and I’m just missing it? Is there a way to upload an older back up to just one phone without effecting the other phones I’m signed in on? If I restore and old backup, will I lose all content received or taken AFTER the date of the backup?

When you use this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support it isn't part of this What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 9:33 AM in response to Mom_in_need_of_advice123

Mom_in_need_of_advice123 wrote:

When you use this Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support it isn't part of this What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Back ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.