Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on Mac constantly logs me out

From time to time, when I close Safari on Mac and open again, browser logs me out from all website. I don't understand why. It is not convenient to log in on all websites even time. Why does Safari do this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 1:49 AM

16 replies

Jul 6, 2022 2:58 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I don't remember this behaviour earlier. it started happening a couple of months ago. Moreover, some websites ask me to go for two-factor authentication. It looks like I reset cache and websites determine me like a user who login from this device for the first time. Browser thinks as if me is not me. It doesn't`t recognise me, and it is strange.

Jul 6, 2022 3:37 AM in response to PRP_53

I may use google accounts for some time, than close browser and and immediately open again, and google ask me to verify my ID with a special verification. It is several second when browser was closed and google logs me out and forgot me. And google accounts are not single who ask me to log in one kore time. Is that ok behavior of the browser for you?

Jul 6, 2022 3:48 AM in response to wchernikov

wchernikov wrote:

I may use google accounts for some time, than close browser and and immediately open again, and google ask me to verify my ID with a special verification. It is several second when browser was closed and google logs me out and forgot me. And google accounts are not single who ask me to log in one kore time. Is that ok behavior of the browser for you?

I'd rather have some slight inconvenience - which is minor, in no small part because I can use Touch id and Safari saved passwords - than risking that someone else could steal my login session.

I don't have requests for 2FA all the time. These occur only from time to time - for example, to log in to these forums I am only asked for a 2FA code about once a month.

Jul 6, 2022 3:50 AM in response to wchernikov

Q - " From time to time, when I close Safari on Mac and open again, browser logs me out from all website. "

A - It is clear all websites would include Bank to Investment accounts. Definition of all " used to refer to the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or things "

A - That was an example and referring to @Luis S. mention of " any decent website will log you out after a certain amount of time "

Jul 6, 2022 3:55 AM in response to wchernikov

wchernikov wrote:

A - These Apple Support Forums are not the place to make this personal.

A - The Forums are to assist others on Technical Apple Hardware and Apple Software Technical issues

A - Anything outside of those perimeters, is generally off limits and runs the risk of the Moderators actioning such behaviours as they see fit.

Jul 6, 2022 4:36 AM in response to PRP_53

I wrote in the first message that Safari didn't work like that earlier. You started to explain me why this is normal.

Q – «Anything outside of those perimeters,  is generally off limits and runs the risk of the Moderators actioning such behaviours as they see fit».

A – Let's them make a decision. Waiting for their attention.

Safari on Mac constantly logs me out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.