Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get more storage space on my iPhone 6s Plus?

not enough storage, cannot load apps, have excess system files 6.75gb, 16 gb memory, normal usage. i have followed instructions on iPhone stroage. there is 6.74 gb of system files being utilized on this phone. way to much. how do i reduce system file need to clear excess iPhone 6s plus

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 9:27 AM

You cannot increase the storage on your local device (in this case iPhone).

You'll either have to delete content that is taking up space or upload files to iCloud.

Please read this support page for help managing iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.

If you're running out of space you may want to consider upgrading to iCloud+: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support.

You can read this support page to figure out how to check and optimize your iPhone's storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

It is also worth noting that iOS 16, coming this Fall, does not support the iPhone 6 lineup. If this matters to you, you may want to consider upgrading to a new iPhone. iOS 16 Preview - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Ted-

You cannot increase the storage on your local device (in this case iPhone).

You'll either have to delete content that is taking up space or upload files to iCloud.

Please read this support page for help managing iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.

If you're running out of space you may want to consider upgrading to iCloud+: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support.

You can read this support page to figure out how to check and optimize your iPhone's storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

It is also worth noting that iOS 16, coming this Fall, does not support the iPhone 6 lineup. If this matters to you, you may want to consider upgrading to a new iPhone. iOS 16 Preview - Apple

How to get more storage space on my iPhone 6s Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.