Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control Not Working With My iMac Anymore

Hi all.

Suddenly, universal control is no longer working between my iMac and Macbook Pro/iPad Pro. I don't know if I changed any settings, but articles I find online to enable universal control don't work. I feel like there's a setting that got changed somewhere that isn't a common thing for people to point out when relating it to this feature.

Does anyone know of anything I should do that would fix this issue? It works between all my products except for my iMac. (It is also worth mentioning that it did work initially, and I have no beta software on the iMac.)

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Blackburn919 wrote:

Hi all.

Suddenly, universal control is no longer working between my iMac and Macbook Pro/iPad Pro. I don't know if I changed any settings, but articles I find online to enable universal control don't work. I feel like there's a setting that got changed somewhere that isn't a common thing for people to point out when relating it to this feature.

Does anyone know of anything I should do that would fix this issue? It works between all my products except for my iMac. (It is also worth mentioning that it did work initially, and I have no beta software on the iMac.)

AirPlay/screen mirroring and Universal Control cannot be used at the same time.

Universal Control —

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Verify your hardware is compatible —

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Verify Mac and iPad both are on the same wi-fi, both have blue tooth on—

and

Each device must be signed in with the same Apple ID using two-factor authentication.

System Preferences, click Apple icon in upper left:

>System Preferences>Displays>Universal Control> Check first two boxes

—Allow your cursor and keyboard to move between my nearby Mac or iPad

—Push through the edge of a display to connect to a nearby Mac or iPad

reboot if necessary …

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 8:25 AM in response to Blackburn919

Blackburn919 wrote:

Hi all.

AirPlay/screen mirroring and Universal Control cannot be used at the same time.

Universal Control —

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad

Verify your hardware is compatible —

Verify Mac and iPad both are on the same wi-fi, both have blue tooth on—

and

Each device must be signed in with the same Apple ID using two-factor authentication.

System Preferences, click Apple icon in upper left:

>System Preferences>Displays>Universal Control> Check first two boxes

—Allow your cursor and keyboard to move between my nearby Mac or iPad

—Push through the edge of a display to connect to a nearby Mac or iPad

reboot if necessary …

Universal Control Not Working With My iMac Anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.