Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control not working between Macs but work with iPad Pro

Universal Control has been fickle at best. Sometimes it works for days and currently it doesn't work at all between my M1 iMac and Intel MacBook Pro but does between my iMac and iPad Pro. All my settings are turned on, I'm on the same band on my wifi, I've restarted, turned off, etc. everything and nothing is working. I've never had a feature so fickle. Apple Support even got to a point they want me to reinstall my OS on my MacBook Pro which basically means "we have no idea". Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 9:00 AM

Ok, so I've discovered a "fix" that really isn't a fix at all. If I sign out of my iCloud account and back in on the machine that is having a hard time connecting, it fixes it. I then restart my computer and startup the next day and it's broken again. I sign out and sign back in from iCloud and it fixes it again. Looks like there is a software issue that is breaking this and it requires you to sign in and out of iCloud to fix it. Apple, we need a fix!!!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 9:00 AM in response to JKENT

Ok, so I've discovered a "fix" that really isn't a fix at all. If I sign out of my iCloud account and back in on the machine that is having a hard time connecting, it fixes it. I then restart my computer and startup the next day and it's broken again. I sign out and sign back in from iCloud and it fixes it again. Looks like there is a software issue that is breaking this and it requires you to sign in and out of iCloud to fix it. Apple, we need a fix!!!

Universal Control not working between Macs but work with iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.